SCSEP – Participants
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) provides paid job training for Ohio seniors at non-profit and governmental agencies to low-income individuals age 55 and older. Our program participants find experience and success working part-time at any one of our Host Agencies located across the state of Ohio.
Benefits of SCSEP participation:
- Receive an individual employment plan designed to expand your job potential.
- Upgrade your skills and gain practical experience while working for a community based or governmental agency.
- Get paid at the prevailing minimum wage while in training by working an average of 20 hours a week.
- Contribute to valuable support services in the local community.
- Support to help you identify unsubsidized and full-time employment opportunities
If you are interested in learning more about SCSEP, please use the map below to select the county where you currently live. Contact information will be based on your location.
Should you need additional assistance, please contact our main office at
Are you an older adult near or at retirement age (50 or older) and looking for the perfect job?
Encore Staffing Network places older adults 50 and older in non-profit or government agencies for 15 – 25 hours per week in assignments lasting three months to a year or more. Positions may include fundraising, marketing, program development, finance, tutoring, mentoring, and more.
VANTAGE Aging is an equal employment opportunity and service provider. SCSEP is funded by the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Ohio Department of Aging. The DOL is not responsible for the content of this promotional material.