SCSEP – Participants
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) provides paid job training for Ohio seniors. Low income individuals 55 and older may be eligible to train at non-profit and governmental agencies. Our program participants find experience and success working part-time at any one of our training sites located across the state of Ohio.
Benefits of Paid Job Training for Ohio Seniors
- Receive an individual employment plan designed to expand your job potential.
- Upgrade your skills and gain practical experience while working for a community based or governmental agency.
- Get paid at the prevailing minimum wage while in training by working an average of 20 hours a week.
- Contribute to valuable support services in the local community.
- Support to help you identify unsubsidized employment opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about SCSEP, please use the map below to select the county where you currently live. Contact information will be based on your location.
VANTAGE Aging is an equal employment opportunity and service provider. Paid job training for Ohio seniors through SCSEP is funded by the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Ohio Department of Aging. The DOL is not responsible for the content of this promotional material.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracyof the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.