RSVP Volunteer Program
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) connects volunteers age 55 and older with opportunities to serve their community. VANTAGE RSVP is available in Summit and Medina Counties.
As the largest volunteer network for older adults in the nation, RSVP matches volunteers with organizations where their time, interest, talents, knowledge, and experience are most effectively utilized to meet important needs in our community.
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program Activities
Use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities.
Fill hearts and bellies by feeding those in need.
Support local ecosystems by cleaning parks or educating about the great outdoors.
Help others break down the barriers to employment with job coaching and consulting.
Create thriving community organizations by using your skills to support the needs of nonprofits.
Ensure no senior is left forgotten or alone through companionship and conversation.
Participate in intergenerational activities that promote healthy futures for all.
Become an RSVP Volunteer
Funded by the Corporation for National & Community Service and local partners, VANTAGE RSVP volunteers choose how, where, and how often they want to serve to support the most critical needs of our community.
Am I Eligible?
- 55 years old or older
- Want to make a difference in your community
- Live in Summit or Medina County
Becoming an RSVP volunteer is as simple as filling out a short form. We use the form to identify your preferences and match you with opportunities that fit your interests and availability.
If you already volunteer, join RSVP to double your impact. You can continue with your volunteer activity as part of the national RSVP network.
Benefits of Volunteering
Did you know there are tons of benefits to volunteering? Besides feeling good about helping your community, here are some other reasons to join the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program.
- Free volunteer liability and excess automobile liability insurance.
- RSVP Annual Volunteer Recognition Event with awards, motivational speakers, entertainment and door prizes.
- Volunteer training and in-service meetings.
- Volunteer newsletter.
- Special member incentives (gas cards, gift cards).
- Personalized assessment of your talents, skills, and interests for a perfect volunteer match!
- Opportunities to share your talents, skills, and experiences with those in need.
- Opportunities to learn new skills.
- A profile of your service to our community and to the nation!
How RSVP Volunteers Make a Difference
Here’s a great example of RSVP Volunteers in action! Tana used song and sign language to help kids learn at Akron Area YMCA. Check out this video of her with the Summer Day Campers at Akron Area YMCA’s Cascade Learning Center signing the song, “What a Wonderful World,” by Louis Armstrong.