WHAT IS RSVP?
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over. RSVP helps to link volunteers with nonprofit agencies where their time, interest, talents, knowledge, and experience are most effectively utilized to meet important needs in our community. With over 70 organizations to choose from within Summit and Medina Counties, the RSVP staff can help you find the perfect volunteer match. You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities.
Funded by the Corporation for National & Community Service and local business partners, VANTAGE RSVP volunteers choose how, where, and how often they want to serve to support the most critical needs of our communities served by volunteering with nonprofit agencies.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
There are multiple benefits to becoming a volunteer. The Corporation for National & Community Service published an article on The Health Benefits of Volunteering for Older Americans. Additional benefits include:
- Free volunteer liability and excess automobile liability insurance.
- RSVP Annual Volunteer Recognition Event with awards, motivational speakers, entertainment and door prizes.
- Volunteer training and in-service meetings.
- Volunteer newsletter.
- Special member incentives (gas cards, gift cards.)
- Personalized assessment of your talents, skills, and interests for a perfect volunteer match!
- Opportunities to share your talents, skills, and experiences with those in need.
- Opportunities to learn new skills.
- A profile of your service to our community and to the nation!
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
By completing an application and a personal interview, we work with you to determine the best fit between your skills and interests and the right opportunity.
Click here to submit an RSVP Volunteer Application Form.
Here’s a great example of RSVP Volunteers in action! Tana used song and sign language to help kids learn at Akron Area YMCA. Check out this video of her with the Summer Day Campers at Akron Area YMCA’s Cascade Learning Center signing the song, “What a Wonderful World,” by Louis Armstrong.