SCSEP – Host Agencies
The foundation of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is built upon a partnership between VANTAGE Aging and our Host Agencies. Your organization can become a Host Agency if it is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit agency, community-based organization, or government agency willing to provide a realistic job environment to SCSEP participants. While SCSEP participants are trained to become a valuable resource to the Host Agency, VANTAGE pays their wages and associated payroll benefits.
Benefits of becoming a Host Agency
- Increase the ability to deliver community services with an expanded workforce, at no cost to you.
- Demonstrate community collaboration and leverage community resources as a VANTAGE Workforce Solutions partner.
- Receive the benefits associated with hiring an older workforce, including strong work ethic, respect, responsibility, wisdom, experience, and integrity.
- Gain the satisfaction in helping participants develop new skills and experiences needed to transition to full time, unsubsidized employment
Are you an older adult near or at retirement age (50 or older) and looking for the perfect job?
Encore Staffing Network places older adults 50 and older in non-profit or government agencies for 15 – 25 hours per week in assignments lasting three months to a year or more. Positions may include fundraising, marketing, program development, finance, tutoring, mentoring, and more.
Qualifications to become a Host Agency
- Have a current 501 (C)(3) or government unit status.
- Provide 20 hours a week of supervised training for each program participant placed at our agency.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Ensure that each SCSEP Participant’s activities will make a contribution to existing community services as well as enhance their skills.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Host Agency, please use the map below to select the county where you currently live. Contact information will be based on your location.
If you need additional assistance, please contact our main office at 330-253-4597.
Click on the county you live in to view the contact information.
Host Agency Forms
- Available Training Opportunities
- Available Training Opportunities Sample
- Host Agency Authorized Signature
- Host Agency Supervision Report
- Local Income Tax Form
- Host Agency Agreement
- Host Agency Checklist
- Host Agency Supervisor’s Responsibilities
- Discipline Procedure
- Training Performance Evaluation
- Payroll Schedule
- Exit Evaluation
- Training Assignment Titles
VANTAGE Aging is an equal employment opportunity and service provider. SCSEP is funded by the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Ohio Department of Aging. The DOL is not responsible for the content of this promotional material.