SCSEP – Training Sites
Could your community-based organization train a SCSEP participant? Become a training site to grow your capacity while making an even greater impact on your community.
The foundation of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is built upon a partnership between VANTAGE Aging and our training sites. Your organization can become a career training program site if it is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit agency, community-based organization, or government agency willing to provide a job environment to SCSEP participants. While SCSEP participants are trained to become a valuable resource to the training, VANTAGE pays their wages and associated payroll benefits.
Benefits of becoming a career training program site
- Increase the ability to deliver community services with an expanded workforce, at no cost to you.
- Demonstrate community collaboration and leverage community resources as a VANTAGE Workforce Solutions partner.
- Receive the benefits associated with hiring an older workforce, including strong work ethic, respect, responsibility, wisdom, experience, and integrity.
- Gain the satisfaction in helping participants develop new skills and experiences needed to transition to full time, unsubsidized employment
Qualifications to become a training site
- Have a current 501 (C)(3) or government unit status.
- Provide 20 hours a week of supervised training for each program participant placed at our agency.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Ensure that each SCSEP participant’s activities will make a contribution to existing community services as well as enhance their skills.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a career training program site, please use the map below to select the county where you currently live. Contact information will be based on your location.
If you need additional assistance, please contact our main office at 330-253-4597or use our contact page.
Training Site Forms
- Available Training Opportunities
- Available Training Opportunities Sample
- Host Agency Authorized Signature
- Host Agency Supervision Report
- Local Income Tax Form
- Host Agency Agreement
- Host Agency Checklist
- Host Agency Supervisor’s Responsibilities
- Discipline Procedure
- Training Performance Evaluation
- Payroll Schedule
- Exit Evaluation
- Training Assignment Titles
VANTAGE Aging is an equal employment opportunity and service provider. SCSEP is funded by the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Ohio Department of Aging. The DOL is not responsible for the content of this promotional material.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracyof the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.