The ability to live comfortably in our own home should be available to anyone, regardless of income, age, or disability. Often the only assistance that a person needs at home is help with common household tasks. Services are available for private pay clients as well as for low-income clients meeting income eligibility requirements.
Homemaker Services can help by offering assistance with:
- Light housekeeping
- Errands (prescription pick-up, dry cleaning, etc.)
- Escorting to appointments and social events
- Meal preparation: planning, shopping, preparation, and clean up
Heavy cleaning is difficult for many older adults or those living with a disability. Whether a seasonal or situational need, the physical demands of chores can be overwhelming. Our trained staff can support common chores or the intense cleaning needs resulting from hoarding. Services are available for private pay clients as well as for low-income clients meeting income guidelines.
Chore Services can help by offering assistance with:
- Light housekeeping
- Carpet and floor cleaning
- Deep cleaning of closets, refrigerators/freezers
- Furniture arranging
- Spring cleaning
- Wash windows (inside and out)
- Clean walls
- Assistance with moving, including packing and unpacking boxes
Personal Care Services
All people have the right to live with dignity and VANTAGE Aging believes that means more than just living on your own. Your personal care is a sensitive issue, and our caring staff will provide you with assistance so that you feel safe, comfortable, and healthy at home. We currently have a waiting list for these services and are not currently accepting new clients.
Personal Care Services include:
- Bathing and dressing
- Daily grooming, including oral hygiene
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Eating assistance
- Mobility, transferring and positioning assistance
Fall Prevention/A Matter of Balance
VANTAGE Home Wellness Solutions brought “A Matter of Balance”, an evidence-based fall prevention program approved by AoA and NCOA, to our homebound clients as a new program in 2016. Funded by Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities and in partnership with Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority, this is part of a state-wide initiative to address the growing issue of fall-related injury among older adults in Ohio. We provide the program during home visits and to community groups around Summit County.
How it Works:
- Our Registered Nurse conducts an initial home visit and completes a fall risk assessment for our homebound clients receiving services.
- Our field staff provides written information, completes safety checklists, demonstrates simple exercise to improve balance and engages clients to become more aware of fall prevention factors.
- Our Registered Nurse completes a follow-up fall risk assessment within six months of the initial home visit and a phone survey is also administered.
The “Matter of Balance” program will continue as an ongoing program for all our Home Wellness clients and in 2018 we have plans to introduce a Chronic Disease Self-Management program as part of our on-going effort to help older adults age safely in their own homes.
At VANTAGE, our goal is to provide wrap-around services to our clients to be sure they are receiving all of the services they need. Becoming a client in one program will also provide you with access to other services that will support your desire to age in place. These may include Meals on Wheels, access to the TeleCare program from RSVP to prevent social isolation, and counseling from our Behavioral Health Solutions team.
As a not-for-profit program, VANTAGE Home Wellness Solutions is completely dependent on money from charitable foundations and government sources to provide services free of charge to those meeting our program qualifications. This has resulted in a waiting list for many services.
Private pay services are available to those who can make payments. Our team will schedule and complete services and bill to the recipient or payer, often a family member. This also provides the added benefit of knowing your dollars will be re-invested to support our non-profit program.
For more information on our rates and services, please contact us online or call
330-253-4597 ext. 128.