Meals on Wheels of Northern Ohio
Meals on Wheels of Northern Ohio has been providing home-delivered meals and congregate dining in senior facilities for over twenty years. Starting out as a hot lunch program, it has evolved into a unique program that focuses on offering delicious and nutritious meal choices to homebound and disabled people in Summit County.
WHY CHOOSE MEALS ON WHEELS OF NORTHERN OHIO?
By choosing to have a healthy meal delivered at home, we help people maintain their independence and prevent premature institutionalization. Proper nutrition helps to lower medical costs associated with social isolation, malnutrition, dehydration, and falls. Our program also provides the following:
- A wellness check with each visit. Our professional drivers are trained to note any changes in behavior or physical condition.
- A menu of meal choices to choose from. Each component of a meal is offered separately: entrée, starch, vegetable, fruit, beverage, and dessert so that you can customize your meal.
- We prepare our meals in our own kitchen and freeze them individually, so you can heat and eat at your convenience, or store for future use.
- Socialization at congregate dining site to reduce incidence of social isolation.
- Try Before You Buy-If interested in trying our food first, let us know. Your first meal is free!
- Access to other VANTAGE programs. As a multi-service provider, we provide wraparound services, including Home Wellness Solutions, Behavioral Health Solutions, Workforce Solutions, and Tele-Care from RSVP.
- Our Meals on Wheels Loves Pets program can provide free pet food for your companion animals to keep them healthy for you.
Homebound seniors ill and/or disabled individuals who are unable to cook for themselves may be eligible for our Meals on Wheels program. Home-delivered meals can be provided on both a short and long-term basis, depending on needs. Clients who are released from hospital stays may use our program to reduce their risk of re-admission due to malnutrition. Families looking for care for a loved-one may also enjoy scheduling home-delivered meals services.
*Nutrition services available only in Summit County.