Over 40 years after our founding, the Mature Services’ team is thrilled to announce that we are changing our name to VANTAGE Aging.
Since we were founded in 1975, our goal has been to help older adults remain independent in their homes and active in their communities. While we remain committed to providing high-quality programs to seniors, our new name reflects a more positive perspective on aging and with it, we will be able to better communicate who we serve and how our programs help older adults successfully age in place.
Why We Are Changing Our Name to VANTAGE Aging
VANTAGE Aging is a result of a careful review. The new name is derived from our purpose to improve the quality of life of people who are aging through collaboration and wellness. We are using this opportunity to highlight our values: respect, results, care, empathy, and striving to empower seniors.
While our agency has a strong foundation, reaching a conclusive plan for our new identity was not easy. In 2016, we turned to the Taproot Foundation for help. Taproot makes pro bono services, including marketing, design, technology, management, and strategic planning, available to organizations that work to improve society.
We were connected with Sarwar Ahmed, owner of Sarwar Consults in New York and adjunct professor at NYU. Sarwar’s professional career includes work as the Head of Marketing, and later the Head of Agricultural Division, with Novartis, an international company that uses an innovative approach to address healthcare issues.
During an exhaustive series of meetings with Sarwar, we developed a strategy for success that included collaborating with management, creating strategies for communication and services, and presenting a strategy to the board of directors.
While reflecting on who we are, what we do, and who we serve, we looked closely at our stakeholders and trends in the industry. Here are some of our key findings about Ohio’s population:
- From 2015-2030, 4 out of 10 people will be over 50 years old.
- The 60-69 age group will be 1.41 million from 2015-2030, increasing by 50,000
in 15 years.
- The 70+ age group is increasing by 700,000 people between 2015 and 2030.
Translation – Our population is getting older, and it is going to need the programs and services that our agency provides.
With a strong understanding of our community’s needs, we forged ahead to develop a brand that could best serve aging adults, engage stakeholders, and grow with an increasingly older population. Here is what we came up with.
The word “VANTAGE” was chosen as our new name to promote a positive perspective on aging. We see older adults as valuable members of our neighborhoods, our workforce, and our families.
We selected colors that are bright and bold, just like our new generation of older adults. The logo is vibrant, like the people we serve who are interwoven in the fabric of our society.
We’re excited about our new name for a number of reasons:
- We are better able to link our programs to the umbrella name, creating a more holistic approach to aging.
- With the advent of technologies, our former name, Mature Services limited our online visibility. We now have a larger presence on the web.
- The new name and look will help us expand our collaborations in the community and connect with more stakeholders and clients.
You’ll see our new look anywhere we are out in the public, including on signs, brochures, and social media. We have also launched a new website to help you navigate our programs and services, a blog that will provide resources on aging, and a newsletter to stay up-to-date on organizational happenings.
What is Not Going to Change
Though some changes will come with our new identity, our mission to support the needs of seniors remains the same.
In the past, linking our programs under the organization’s name was a challenge. Moving forward as VANTAGE Aging, we will continue to offer the same programs to help adults age successfully. However, they might be called something slightly different than in the past.
Here’s what you need to know:
- VANTAGE Workforce Solutions provides the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in 38 counties. SCSEP offers part-time, paid on-the-job training for adults age 55 and up.
- VANTAGE Behavioral Health Solutions (formerly Avenues to Recovery) provides professional counseling to older adults struggling with mental health issues and/or drug and alcohol addictions.
- VANTAGE Home Wellness Solutions helps seniors remain in their homes through personal care, chore services, and household services.
- VANTAGE/Meals on Wheels of Northern Ohio provides home delivered meals to homebound seniors and adults with disabilities, as well as congregate dining in 5 locations.
- VANTAGE/RSVP matches adults 55 and up to volunteer opportunities according to each person’s talents, interests, and schedule.
- Encore Staffing Network gives you the tools to network with employers through temporary and direct job opportunities.
Moving to Higher Vantage Points
We are looking forward to this new stage in continuing our commitment to empowering seniors. As we implement our updated look, we hope to inspire the communities we serve with a positive perspective on aging.
Together, we can help our aging population remain in their homes and active in their neighborhoods. We hope you like our new name and join us in our mission to promote successful aging.
Have questions, suggestions, or comments? Email us at email@example.com or connect with us on social media!