We will continue to update this page as more information becomes available.
VANTAGE Aging and Meals on Wheels of Northeast Ohio is committed to the health and safety of our clients, volunteers, and employees. We want to assure you that we continue to work with our local Health Departments, and are putting proactive measures into place.
VANTAGE Aging remains open during its normal business hours of 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday. Please call 330-253-4597 if you have any questions.
The VANTAGE building remains closed. Phones will still be answered. Please call 330-253-4597 to enroll in services or ask questions.
Meals on Wheels
- Volunteers are needed to help deliver meals. Special training for no-contact drop-off and wellness check procedures will be provided.
- Meals on Wheels of Northeast Ohio has always followed the most stringent guidelines relating to food and personal safety. We have increased cleaning in high-touch areas to ensure the safest food preparation areas. We have introduced new protocols to prevent any direct contact between volunteers and clients.
- We will continue to keep the public notified via our website and social media channels as things unfold that impact our clients, volunteers, or staff. Clients will receive communications with their meal deliveries.
- If you are a caregiver and have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-466-8010.
Workforce Solutions (SCSEP)
There are three phases to SCSEP’s COVID-19 plan.
- Phase I: Paid Leave (March 20-April17)
- Phase II: Paid at-home training (Began April 20)
- Phase III: Return to host agency assignments when emergency measures have been lifted by public officials.
The temporary Sick Leave with Pay policy will count toward a person’s Durational Limit. If at any point you would like to go on Leave without pay, contact your Project Director.
If there are any questions, our Project Directors can be reached by email and phone.
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
RSVP volunteers should coordinate activities directly with the organization they serve as it pertains to individual needs.
Home Wellness Solutions
Our Home Wellness program is prioritizing services based on the most critical needs with a focus on personal care assistance. For more information, please call 330-515-5605.
How You Can Help
Under normal circumstances, seniors are often homebound and hungry. Today, with the COVID-19 pandemic forcing so many to stay home, please remember Meals on Wheels of Northeast Ohio is still operating. We need your support so that no senior goes hungry.
Give Your Time
Somebody gets to be a hero today – is it you? Meals on Wheels of Northeast Ohio needs volunteers now more than ever to ensure no senior faces hunger.
We provide training and have safety protocols in place for our clients and volunteers. Delivering meals is a great way to get out of the house without having direct contact with seniors.
Sign up for a shift by calling 330-832-7220 or visiting our volunteer page.
Donate Your Money
Monetary donations will make a critical impact. Even a small amount helps ensure no senior is left hungry and alone. Please help us support the most vulnerable with a gift today.
Support Each Other
In the face of a crisis, we see the strength of our community coming together. As we take on the challenges that come with COVID-19, we will continue to work together to ensure no senior is left vulnerable to hunger, isolation, or illness.
The safety and health of our clients, volunteers, and staff is our highest priority. Please do your part by following the recommendations of the CDC for preventing illness.
Spread the Word
Please share this information with your friends, family, and peers.